Project Selection, Design and Construction
This webinar represents a joint effort between the Asphalt Institute, the National Asphalt Pavement Association, and the National Center for Asphalt Technology. It is designed to provide a thorough overview of the important aspects of thin lift asphalt overlays and how they differ from standard overlay considerations. A goal of this webinar is to increase the longevity of thin lift asphalt overlays through proper project selection, design and construction practices. Specific examples of successful usage by state agencies are included as references.
This webinar will cover the following:
- Introductory Topics
- Project Selection
- Mix Design
- Moisture Considerations
- Surface Preparation
- Testing and QC/QA
- Case Studies
Fees & Registration:
- The registration fee is FREE for this recorded session.
- Register online to view this recorded webinar
- Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar (PDF 706KB)
Professional Development Hours:
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you complete the session by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the webinar and full name you used to register.
- Danny Gierhart, P.E., Senior Regional Engineer, Asphalt Institute
- Kent Hanson, P.E., Director of Engineering, NAPA
- Dr. Michael Heitzman, Assistant Director, Senior Researcher, NCAT as webinar panelists
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
- We would encourage you to visit http://support.webex.com/support/system-requirements.html to ensure your system is compatible with our webinar system before you register or as soon as possible afterward.
- We also highly recommend that you go to: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest/ and join a test meeting to load the client and test your system.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on our Group Registration Policy page.