Unlike most civil engineering materials, such as steel or portland cement concrete, the mechanical properties of asphalt binders and mixtures are dependent upon several factors including aging and conditioning time, loading time and temperature, and stress level. It is necessary to have a basic understanding of the effects of these factors on mechanical properties of asphalt materials and pavement performance in order to fully understand the specifications for asphalt materials. During this webinar important fundamental mechanical properties such as creep compliance, dynamic modulus, phase angle, and fracture properties will be discussed. Their role in determining pavement performance and the manner in which they are affected by the factors described above will be demonstrated. This introductory webinar is intended for technicians, engineers, and sales personnel working in the asphalt industry. Basic concepts are introduced without extensive technical jargon and mathematical complexity.
This introductory webinar is intended for technicians, engineers, and sales personnel working in the asphalt industry. Basic concepts are introduced without extensive technical jargon and mathematical complexity.
Fees & Registration:
- The registration fee is $50 for this session.
- Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar (PDF 706KB)
|Introduction to Rheology||$50||Recording|
Professional Development Hours:
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you complete the session by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the webinar and full name you used to register.
- Dr. David Anderson & Dr. Geoffrey Rowe
Who Should Attend:
The webinar is intended for participants who want an elementary understanding of asphalt binders without spending more than 90 minutes in training. At the conclusion of the webinar, participants should have a general understanding of what asphalt binders are, how they behave with temperature and time of loading, and how they are used. For more in-depth training, please see the Asphalt Binder Series and Introduction to Asphalt Rheology.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
- We would encourage you to visit http://support.webex.com/support/system-requirements.html to ensure your system is compatible with our webinar system before you register or as soon as possible afterward.
- We also highly recommend that you go to: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest/ and join a test meeting to load the client and test your system.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on our Group Registration Policy page.