If we can make HMA warm, can we make it cold?
Asphalt cold mix is a mixture of unheated mineral aggregate and emulsified or cutback asphalt. These mixtures are further classified based upon the method of mixing – either plant-mixed or mixed-in-place. Plant-mixed cold mixes are produced in stationary plants that permit close control of the production process. Laydown and compaction is done with conventional paving equipment. Mixed-in-place cold mixes are produced at the paving site by means of travel plants, motor graders, or other special in-place equipment.
This webinar is presented to provide the participant with an introduction to paving with cold asphalt mixtures. The presentation will include the following:
- Description of cold mix paving mixtures
- Materials selection
- Emulsion selection
- Cold mix design considerations
- Cold mix production
- Cold mix laydown and compaction
Fees & Registration:
- The registration fee is $50 for this recorded session.
- Register online to view this recorded webinar
- (2MB) Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar
Professional Development Hours:
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you complete the session by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the webinar and full name you used to register.
- Gregory A. Harder, P.E., Regional Engineer, Asphalt Institute
Who Should Attend:
This webinar is designed for technicians, engineers, contractors, consultants, as well as state, city and county officials.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
- We would encourage you to visit http://support.webex.com/support/system-requirements.html to ensure your system is compatible with our webinar system before you register or as soon as possible afterward.
- We also highly recommend that you go to: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest/ and join a test meeting to load the client and test your system.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on our Group Registration Policy page.