This webinar will address the important factors that need to be considered when designing and constructing recreational facilities such as running tracks, tennis courts and golf cart paths. These types of facilities do not carry heavy loads and therefore need to be built differently than roads and freeways. This webinar will focus on designing and constructing surfaces to resist water intrusion which is a primary factor required to resist future environmental distress. Specific mixture requirements are needed to build a durable pavement that will resist environmental distresses such as cracking and raveling. Restricted work areas also present challenges that will be discussed during this webinar.
Topics covered include:
- Pavement thickness and base construction
- Asphalt binder selection
- Aggregate selection
- Mixture design and production considerations
- Construction operations
- Acceptance of completed work
Fees & Registration:
- The registration fee is $50 for this recorded session.
- Register online to view this recorded webinar
- (2MB) Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar
Professional Development Hours:
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you complete the session by sending an email to email@example.com with the name of the webinar and full name you used to register.
- Mark Blow, Ph.D., P.E., Regional Engineer, Asphalt Institute
- H. Wayne Jones, P.E., Regional Engineer, Asphalt Institute
Who Should Attend:
This webinar is designed for facility owners, engineers, contractors, consultants, as well as state, city and county officials.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
- We would encourage you to visit http://support.webex.com/support/system-requirements.html to ensure your system is compatible with our webinar system before you register or as soon as possible afterward.
- We also highly recommend that you go to: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest/ and join a test meeting to load the client and test your system.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on our Group Registration Policy page.